Which Is Better… Vinyl or Non-Vinyl?
| Vinyl windows can have the look of wood with the maintenance-free attributes of vinyl. |
| Interlocks and air barriers can be designed right into the shape of the vinyl extrusion. Foam fill adds insulation to the multi-chambered construction. |
| SureCoat™ Standard Exterior PVC Bond Colors |
| Interior woodgrains|
Why Are Vinyl Windows Considered Better Than Non-Vinyl Windows
Top 7 Reasons Why You Should Consider Zen Vinyl Windows
- Vinyl windows in Houston TX rank very low in maintenance. Unlike other alternative options, they don’t call for regular upkeep and maintenance.
- High quality vinyl windows last for a very long time exceeding the life span of most wood and metal windows. They will maintain their structural integrity and are not prone to rotting, warping, disintegrating and discoloration which are issues commonly associated with windows made from wood and metal. In addition, Zen vinyl windows come with a lifetime warranty providing the solid protection that you need for your investment.
- The sash and frame corners of vinyl windows are welded together which creates a strong and effective barrier against air infiltration. Other windows have their sash and frame mechanically joined which often causes gaps later on allowing air to leak. To address this issue, the windows are often caulked, but the caulking will only last for some time and eventually they deteriorate causing the same problem to occur all over again.
- Constant exposure to outdoor elements, especially to rainwater and snow, can take its toll on wood windows. Over time their frames start to warp, discolor, and will eventually show signs of decay compromising their performance and structural integrity. Vinyl windows, on the other hand offer maximum tolerance against harsh outdoor conditions because they don’t rot even when exposed to any types of climate outside.
- Zen Vinyl windows are easy to operate because of their smooth-action balance systems.
- Compared to other alternative options, Vinyl windows by Zen are more energy-efficient. The material makes it easy for engineers to design high performing windows with energy and money saving capabilities enabling homeowners to lower their energy consumption and save money in the long run. For instance, vinyl makes it possible for the creation of the interlock design, air barriers as well as the multi-chambered extrusions, all of which make vinyl windows perform better than others in terms of energy efficiency.
- In the past, vinyl windows were often considered inferior to other window types especially wood windows in terms of visual appeal owing to their lack of color options. These days, however, thanks to an innovative PVC coating technique, SureCoat™ Standard Exterior PVC Bond Colors, there are a number of colors that can be painted on the exterior of vinyl windows. The choices are practically endless. With Zen Windows, you can choose from our 14 standard shades and unlimited custom colors. These are in addition to the normal white, beige, brown, and wood grain shades on our vinyl window exteriors.
To help you figure out which window type is most suitable for your home, contact Zen Windows Houston now.